At Bayfair Daycare, we believe that each child is a unique individual who deserves a secure, safe, caring and stimulating environment in which to grow and learn. Our desire as early childhood educators is to help children reach their fullest potential in all areas of their development; socially, emotionally, spiritually and intellectually.
The six Early Learning for Every Child Today (ELECT) principles are as follows:
- Early child development sets the foundation for lifelong behaviour, and health.
- Partnerships with families and communities strengthen the ability of early childhood settings to meet the needs of young children.
- Respect for diversity, equity, and inclusion are prerequisites for honouring children's rights, optimal development, and learning.
- A planned curriculum supports early learning.
- Play is a means to early learning that capitalizes on children's natural curiosity and exuberance.
- Knowledgeable, responsive educators are essential.
Bayfair Daycare operates an inclusive environment recognizing each child as a competent and capable learner.
Bayfair Daycare operates as a Christian Daycare with curriculum components that are based on Christian beliefs and values.
We are committed to provide quality service which fosters an attitude of mutual respect, open relationship and support between staff, children and families.
We encourage all staff to work effectively as a team, continually updating their skills, knowledge and interest through formal and informal development and mentoring.